Admitted to the Bar 2022
Emma accepts briefs in all areas of law. Her recent cases include:
• Laundy Hotels (Quarry) Pty Limited v Dyco Hotels Pty Limited  HCA 6. Contractual dispute in respect of a hotel business sale.
• Keynes Capital Global Ltd v Guo  NSWCA 254. Appeal against judgment maintaining and extending a freezing order.
• Jam Land v Minister for the Environment  FCA 1058. Judicial review challenge to legislative instrument under the EPBC Act.
• Sami v Minister for Home Affairs  FCA 1513. Application for habeas corpus and injunctive and declaratory relief in respect of detention alleged to be unlawful.
• Bushfire Survivors for Climate Action Incorporated (INC1901160) v Narrabri Coal Operations Pty Ltd (ACN 129850139)  NSWLEC 69. Judicial review challenge to development consent granted by the Independent Planning Commission of NSW.
Before being called to the Bar, Emma worked within the Directorate for Legal Affairs of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD); was an individual contractor in the Presidency Legal and Enforcement Unit of the International Criminal Court, Office of the Presidency; and was sponsored by the University of Oxford to complete a nine-month traineeship at the International Court of Justice, assisting Vice President Sepúlveda-Amor and Judge Keith.
She has taught Federal Constitutional Law; Court Process, Evidence and Proof; and Law in the Global Context at the UNSW Faculty of Law and Justice.
Emma holds a PhD in International law, for which she received a Dean’s Award for Outstanding PhD thesis.