Yes, we are open!
The Board at New Chambers is meeting regularly to stay on top of the daily updates and changes to assist in keeping our members, staff and visitors safe and healthy.
Currently we are open and staffed (observing appropriate social distancing) to accommodate our barristers. Some of our barristers are choosing to take the government’s recommendations and work from home where possible, while still being contactable by email and phone for solicitors and clients.
Should you have the need to visit our barristers in chambers, New Chambers and our building management, Investa, have the following protocols in place until further notice:
- lift capacity is limited to 2 persons per lift
- hand sanitiser in the lobby as well as at our reception on level 34
- increased cleaning and sanitisation of high touch areas including lift buttons, door handles and the like
- cancelled or postponed all events until further notice
- when arriving at our reception, you will be asked to provide your name and contact details should the need to contact you arise
Please discuss the need to attend chambers with the individual barrister concerned as we are making audio visual conferencing facilities available to all members.
The latest updates from the NSW Bar Association can also be found here. There are helpful links for barristers in relation to court appearances, PC renewals and library updates.Back to all